Saturday, February 27, 2010

Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken

Wow, I have LOTS of recipes to review!I'll start with my favorite one I tried.
I was watching BYU television the other day (we don't have cable) and saw this interesting show called Food Nanny. She helps families rescue dinner time and shows them how to make quick and easy meals. The recipe featured on that episode was Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken- which I found the recipe online here.

YUMMY! I had my BFF over to taste test this recipe and we both agreed that we loved it! Definitely a keeper!

Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken

Ingredients:
⅔ cup buttermilk or buttermilk ranch dressing
2 cups panko bread crumbs (These are Japanese bread crumbs and found right by the regular ones and YES, they are a must)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 pounds chicken breast tenders
⅔ cup butter
Salt

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease an oblong baking pan.
2. Pour the buttermilk or buttermilk ranch dressing into a wide, shallow dish or pie plate. Mix the panko, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt in another wide, shallow dish. Roll each piece of chicken in the buttermilk and then dredge in the panko mixture to coat.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces in the prepared pan. Melt the butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave and drizzle the melted butter over all. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt to taste.

Here are the results:


Now I know they just look average, but they are spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment